Welcome to the site for ACN membership for 2020-2021
- Learn more about membership benefits and ways to contribute to ACN by volunteering your skills and interests.
- Join ACN as a new member.
- Renew your membership.
- Pay only $65.00 per year for the following benefits:
Access to the “Members-Only” section of the ACN Facebook page for information and for mentorship from experienced therapists, educators and managers working across a broad spectrum of cognitive disability.
Opportunities to network with our international membership community and with recognized Allen Cognitive Advisors such as Claudia Allen and Cathy Earhart.
Reduced rates for the Bi-annual Cognitive Symposium and other educational offerings. (12th Cognitive Symposium October 5 and 6, 2018, Providence, RI.)
Access to symposium handouts and other educational offerings if you are unable to attend. (Note: These materials are only available immediately after a symposium or educational event for ACN members.)
Option to list your business or website on the ACN website.
Advertise continuing education offerings
Advertise job openings.
Opportunity to contribute to the development of the Allen Cognitive Network.
JOIN or RENEW Now!
(Or scroll down for more membership information about why join ACN, joining a committee or the ACN board, and Frequently Asked Questions. Then return to join or renew membership.)
Membership Dues: The dues for one membership year (September 1 through August 31) are $65.00. Please wait until August 31st before renewing or initiating your membership for the following year.
Step 1: Create or update USER ACCOUNT
- If needed, please log in to your user account and update your contact and interest information: Click Here. Otherwise, please continue to Step 2 below.
NEW Members: To become a NEW ACN Member for 2017-2018, please set up your new member user account by completing your online profile.
If you have done this already, please continue to Step 2 below.
- If you have not created a new member user account, please Click Here and follow the directions to log in and set up a new member account. Then proceed with step 2 below.
Step 2: Complete MEMBERSHIP DUES PAYMENT
ONLINE: Pay Dues by Credit Card using PayPal
- If you are already logged in to your user account home page, you may return to it at any time by closing this window (click X on window tab at top of this page). On your user account home page, click on "Pay Member Dues" and scroll down to button for "Renew online with PayPal." Follow directions on PayPal site to pay dues. Make sure you are returned to the ACN website after making payment. This will happen automatically, but there may be a slight delay. You will know you have returned to ACN and that your payment has been processed when you see a screen that confirms ACN payment. If you are not logged in to your user account, please Click Here to log in and then follow directions above.
MAIL-IN: Pay Dues by check, money or purchase order in US $$.
If you are already logged in to your user account home page, you may return to it at any time by closing this window (click X on window tab at top of this page). On your user account home page, click "Pay Member Dues" and then follow directions for payment by mail. Click on "Print my membership form". Print and send a copy of this form along with your dues payment to Allen Cognitive Network, P.O. Box 14133, Chicago, IL 60614.
- If you are not already logged in to your user account, Click Here to log in and then follow directions above.
Why join ACN?
The Allen Cognitive Network organization depends entirely on volunteer efforts. We urge you to join the Allen Cognitive Network and to volunteer your skills and interests on the various committees that are designed to further our mission:
To promote and advocate for the value and understanding of Allen's Cognitive Disability Model through education and networking opportunities that empower health care professionals to promote best abilities to function for individuals with cognitive disabilities.
Are you interested in serving on an Committee?
Are you interested in serving on the ACN Board?
Frequently asked Questions:
Q: What is the membership year?
Answer: September 1 - August 31. (Also see question 2 below regarding special discount for new, first time members ONLY).
Q: When should I renew my membership dues?
Answer: Please renew on after August 31 of each new membership year.
Q: If I join as a new member during the membership year, do I have to join again in August of that year?
Answer: If you join as a new member after January 1, your membership is valid through the following August and for one additional year. (NOTE: If you are a renewing member, this "new member option" does not apply. For renewing members, membership automatically expires on August 31 of each year.
Q:Where do I send my payment if I want to mail it to ACN instead of paying online?
Answer: Mail to Allen Cognitive Network, PO Box 14133, Chicago, IL 60614-0133.
Q: How do I get involved if I don't attend the symposium?
Q: As a new member, how do I join the private facebook group?
Answer: You can request to join the private group using this link: https://www.facebook.com/allencognitivenetworkprivategroup/. Once we have received confirmation of your membership through the website, you will be added.
We look forward to networking with you as a member of the Allen Cognitive Network and Advisors and to collaborating with you in furthering the mission of the Allen Cognitive Network. WELCOME!